The National President of the Igbos For A Progressive Nigeria (IPAN), Mr Lawrence Onuzulike, was this afternoon received by Julius Berger Nigeria Plc and taken on an exclusive tour of the ongoing Second Niger Bridge.
Comrade Onuzulike was surprised by the magnitude of the project. Contrary to major belief, four (4) bridges, and not one (1) bridge, are being constructed: the major bridge across the River Niger and three secondary bridges, plus long stretches of roads that go deep into both Delta and Anambra states.
Here are a few other things learned by IPAN’S President during the tour:
- that the project is currently employing over 1,500 Anambra workers directly, and tens of thousands of other Anambra workers indirectly.
- that majority of contractors, suppliers, are from Anambra state
- that majority of the materials are sourced locally from Anambra communities
- that every single property owner affected by the project was adequately compensated
- that the project would’ve been ready if not for the Pandemic and protests that rocked the nation
- that the project should be ready in 2022.
Watch out for the video of the tour.
This is brought to you by The Igbos For A Progressive Nigeria (IPAN).
BRIEFLY ABOUT IPAN
IPAN is a group founded by Igbo progressives, with zones all over Nigeria and in Diaspora. The main missions of IPAN are to help in achieving a united peaceful Nigeria, work for the development of the South East, and ensure that Igbo people are part of the scheme of things at every level in Nigeria.
IPAN’S OFFICIAL CONTACTS
TO FIND OUT WHAT THE PRESS IS SAYING ABOUT IPAN VISIT…